Sunday 7 October 2012

Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Moisturizer Review

Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't been posting very regularly lately but consider the next few posts an apology.
This review is on a product that I have been using for the last 6 months and that I hope to be using for the next 10 years.  It is the Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Moisturizer with White Tea.

New pot on the left, used pot on the right!


So a little background on my skin type and previous experience with moisturisers first. For about 10 years I used one moisturiser only, that was the Nivea Face Hand and Body Creme. Occasionally I would change things up and try other drug store brands but I would always return to Nivea. The Nivea creme had served me well through high school and university keeping my skin well hydrated and plump.

However about 6 months ago I was having a particularly bad time with dry patches of skin on my cheeks as it was starting to transition into winter, so I did a little bit of research online. I found a number of positive reviews on the Perfect World White Tea Moisturizer for people with dry to combination skin. As I had previously tried an Origins eye cream I knew they were a trusted and (mostly) natural brand. So I popped into Mecca Cosmetica in New Market and bought the cream.

When I initially saw the product I thought it was odd that it wasn't white like all the other moisturisers I had used before. But I disregarded this quickly and applied it. It went on smoothly and while initially leaving a dewey tinge to the skin, within a few minutes had completely sunk into my skin. It smelt amazing on application, but not so strong that the scent lingered.



Here's how I rate it:
  • Packaging - It comes in a light green glass pot with a plastic screw on lid. Its basic and I really do  like this. I guess the only negative some people might have to say is that since its not in a squeezy tube, its not the most hygienic way of dispensing a moisturiser. I counter this by only ever using it with cleanly washed hands. Also department stores do carry small disposable plastic spatula's (very La Mer esque) that you can use if desired.
  • Smell and consistency - To me this moisturiser has a very distinct citrusy smell to it; I am told that its the white tea. Either way I like it. Its a fairly thick light peach (not white) cream that sinks into skin easily.
  • Performance - I cannot say enough good things about this moisturiser. After using it for about 2 weeks I noticed a definite improvement in the tone and texture of my skin. The dry patches are no longer a problem, the redness around my cheeks has improved and the most amazing thing about this moisturiser is that in 6 months, I have not had a single significant zit or breakout. The years that I had been using my Nivea creme I could almost guarantee a zit every month (around that time) but since using this cream, I haven't had any such thing. It may be that my hormones have sorted them selves out coincidentally at the same time I start using the new moisturiser, but regardless, I'm sold on this creams efficacy. Its selling point is as an antioxidant (which in the cosmetic industry, is synonymous with anti-ageing properties). I obviously can't comment on this as have only used it for 6 months, but I know that my skin has never looked younger than it does these days. I did notice while I was in Thailand and using a different moisturiser (the Vitamin E Moisturiser by The Body Shop) my skin was definitely not looking or feeling the best it could have. On return home I switched back to the Perfect World Moisturizer and there was a silent sigh of relief from my skin.
  • Price - I bought mine from Mecca Cosmetica (New Market) however I believe you can order it online at www.meccacosmetica.co.nz or even nz.strawberrynet.com (when they have it in stock). It cost $NZD 77 which I think for a face cream, that does so much, is a bargain. I like to think of my skin care products as an investment towards my future skin (which is the largest organ in the body). 
Overall I rate this moisturiser a 9/10

I have always been hesitant to try new skin care products on my face due to how sensitive my skin can be (particularly with fragranced products). However this moisturiser has become my holy grail. If I were on a deserted Island and told i could only bring one product, this would be it. 

Hope this gave you some info on, in my opinion, a relatively under hyped product. let me know if you have any questions that I may not have answered. 

xo
Beauty Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment